[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - JBoss 4.2.3 securing web-console and jmx-console

Ahmad Halabi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 30 03:29:40 EDT 2012

Ahmad Halabi [https://community.jboss.org/people/sys-halt] created the discussion

"JBoss 4.2.3 securing web-console and jmx-console"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/732914#732914

Hello,

I have JBoss 4.2.3 Community version installed on CentOS 5 64bit. the issue we are facing is that JBoss 4.2.3 is not taking the security enabled to authenticate users when opening web-console and jmx-console page. it opens the requested two pages without any authentication.

during my search I found on the net a couple of articles explaining how to enable security. I followed the articles but JBoss 4.2.3 still opens the web-console and jmx-console pages without asking for a username/password.

the modificaion I followed is based on the below articles:
      http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?Topic=Configure-Password-access-in-JBoss-Web-Console http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?Topic=Configure-Password-access-in-JBoss-Web-Console
      http://www.coderanch.com/t/509627/JBoss/Unable-login-jboss-console http://www.coderanch.com/t/509627/JBoss/Unable-login-jboss-console

Thank you in advance.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]