[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Re: Httpsession using hot rod and Infinispan with Jboss 7.x

Ben Schofield do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 1 08:51:32 EDT 2012

Ben Schofield [https://community.jboss.org/people/dbschofield] created the discussion

"Re: Httpsession using hot rod and Infinispan with Jboss 7.x"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/751445#751445

>  however I am not getting anything after I hit the startServer.bat -r hotrod. Just BLANK console and it remains like this forever.
What exactly are you trying to "hit"?  What port, protocol, and request params?  A hotrod protocol listener on port 11222 should be running.  This listener will not handle http requests if your "console" is a browser.  If you want to view what is going on in the infinispan cache you will need to use a jmx client.   https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Management+Tooling https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Management+Tooling

> And how the JBoss knows what Infinispan it has to use and the location  ? Where we should configure that ?
You have already configured this by defining the remote-store on the http session cache.  The session-datagrid outbound-socket-binding gives the host and port of your infinispan instance.

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]