[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Unable to fire rules before and after human task using same rule flow group

Sameer K do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 3 07:06:48 EDT 2012

Sameer K [https://community.jboss.org/people/0sameerk0] created the discussion

"Re: Unable to fire rules before and after human task using same rule flow group"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/751865#751865

Hey thanks for prompt reply.

I am newbie to drools as well  :)

Really Appreciate the thought process you putting on for my problem.

I tried updating the processInstance which i am using but still my rule is not fired second time from second rule task.

rule "Rule123"
ruleflow-group "validate"
no-loop
 when
 processInstance : WorkflowProcessInstance()
 then
 System.out.println("Rule123 Executed");
 processInstance.setVariable("abc","xyz");
 update(processInstance);
end

Also, if i had to write some sort of validation rule and call it from both the rule task how can i do it?

For e.g if i want to check if businessName=="xyz" then log it to db/some file.

I need to check businessName before calling human task and after humantask as well....how can this be achieved?

Can we configure rules in such a way, that those set of rules will be called everytime/whenever we want them to be executed.

Like we make a call using rule task and those set of flow-group gets executed.

Thanks.