[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Basic Authentication Logout in EAP6

Marnie Knue do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 13 22:36:25 EDT 2012

Marnie Knue [https://community.jboss.org/people/marnie.knue] created the discussion

"Re: Basic Authentication Logout in EAP6"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/753450#753450

Logging out is not an issue of JBoss, it is an issue of the application itself. The best you can do without getting into the actual application is to set a session timeout.  In *web.xml* add the following:

<session-config>
     <session-timeout>30</session-timeout>
</session-config>

The 30 is 30 minutes meaning that if we haven't heard from the person for 30 minutes or more, then the server is to kill their session. It's not a logout, per se, but it's the best we have as an admin that I'm aware of.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]