[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM 5.3 released

wqe wqe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 14 23:02:05 EDT 2012

wqe wqe [https://community.jboss.org/people/drupalspring] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM 5.3 released"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/753704#753704

Hi Kris and jbpm team :

Did you guys try and test jBPM 5.3 's final released version with jboss 7.1.X before the release ? According to the following threads ,

* https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPM-3698
* https://community.jboss.org/thread/197349?tstart=0
* https://community.jboss.org/thread/197080
* https://community.jboss.org/thread/197349
* https://community.jboss.org/thread/201643?tstart=0

many users reports that they encountered the following error when using jBPM 5.3 with jboss 7.1.X

> 18:10:09,783 ERROR [org.reflections.Reflections] (MSC service thread 1-7) could not create Vfs.Dir from url. ignoring the exception and continuing: org.reflections.ReflectionsException
>           at org.reflections.vfs.Vfs.fromURL(Vfs.java:99) [reflections-0.9.5-RC2_jboss-SP1.jar:]
>           at org.reflections.vfs.Vfs.fromURL(Vfs.java:89) [reflections-0.9.5-RC2_jboss-SP1.jar:]

One of the area that affected by this problem is that it causes the report cannnot be loaded from the bpm web console . Please confirm if it is a bug. If yes  , I suggest that it 's better to warn user that *jBPM 5.3 final release version cannot work with jboss 7.1.X * in order to prevent new users from *wasting their time* and have *bad experience* when trying jbpm5.3 with the jboss 7.1.X  . Especailly  , you should delete this remark  " if you move to 7.1, don't forget to change the following line (7.0 -> 7.1) "  from build.properties as this remark causes user think that it will work with jboss 7.1.X but actually it does not.

 Most importantly , any workarounds exist now if it is a bug?

Thanks