[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Identifying software Licenses in code

Gavin Bonner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 17 06:23:37 EDT 2012

Gavin Bonner [https://community.jboss.org/people/gavin_bonner] created the discussion

"Identifying software Licenses in code"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/754219#754219

Hi - New to the forum. From Ireland. Work as an IT analyst at the moment.

I am trying to identify licenses of files used. For example:

drools-analytics-4.0.7.jar

I need to find description of this component, version, license(s)

And its not specific to drools or jar files for that matter but these would be prominent from what I can see.

Currently I am using google to find this information but it is not as straight forward as I had hoped.

Anyone here have any experience in this field or suggestions for me  :)

Thanks,
Gavin.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]