[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: JBoss Developer Studio 5 - console log output gone with "Run as Java Application" and using org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory

b.b. do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 23 08:43:53 EDT 2012

b.b. [https://community.jboss.org/people/b.b.] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss Developer Studio 5 - console log output gone with "Run as Java Application" and using org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/755416#755416

Hello,

the console output view *does* show up if the program is printing to the console.

a basic java main with a system.out.println("bla blah"); works also for me.

org.apache.log4j.Logger Objects work also for me.

What das not work for me and my team are Logger Objects of Type:

org.apache.commons.logging.Log;
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory;

What works and produces console output is usage of:

org.apache.log4j.Logger log = Logger.getLogger(LogTest.class);

What does not work and does not produce any output is usage of:

org.apache.commons.logging.Log log = org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogTest.class);

log.info("ellou?");
log.debug("hu?");
log.error("eidonwonnadodat!");

As we do not want to redefine all logger item definitions directly to log4j classes and this behavior remains with jbdevstudio versions > 4 independent of what Java version or OSX Version, we assume it has to do with jbdevstudio.

Ah, did I mention OSX?

 :)

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]