[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - server.log issue

santosh malavade do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 29 00:09:29 EDT 2012

santosh malavade [https://community.jboss.org/people/santoshmalavade] created the discussion

"server.log issue"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/756639#756639

hi,

i am using saba application deployed on jboss 4.2 AS

i have observed that the server.log file is not getting updated after a while server is restarted.

i tried changing the configuration pertaining to FILE appender from DailyRollingFileAppender to RollingFileAppender in jboss-log4j.xml and settting the parameter MaxFileSize to 100 MB.  I tried chanding the name to serverJBOSS.log    Although, it started logging into the new file, it stopped when it reached a file size of 3.8 mb.    I have enough space available on the disk.

i am attaching jboss-log4j.xml file for your reference.

Rgds,

Santosh

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]