[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - HTTP Connection Management in JBoss 4.2.3

Neil Richards do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 18 08:06:33 EST 2012

Neil Richards [https://community.jboss.org/people/neilrichards] created the discussion

"HTTP Connection Management in JBoss 4.2.3"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/783867#783867

Hi,

As you can see I am working on a very old version of JBoss - hopefully we will be able to upgrade next year - but I have deployed an application using JSF2 (MyFaces). It deploys ok, but I have some issues with performance which I'm guessing may be down to the way HTTP connections are managed.

I have noticed that the response time on partial updates is a lot longer when there has been a time lapse since the last server request. As an example:

I request a page and immediately click a commandButton with an associated Ajax listener and I can see that the event fires straight away.

I request the same page, wait say 30 seconds, and then click the same commandButton and the event can take maybe 5 seconds to fire ... even 10 seconds.

Am I barking up the wrong tree, or is there a configuration change in JBoss that could fix this?

Many thanks,
Neil

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]