[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - cannot create java ee web project in jboss tools (eclipse) and jboss dev studio 6

morris xander do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 26 23:19:17 EST 2012

morris xander [https://community.jboss.org/people/morxs] created the discussion

"cannot create java ee web project in jboss tools (eclipse) and jboss dev studio 6"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/785029#785029

Hi! This is the first time I use jboss tools (eclipse) and jboss dev studio after I found out jboss and want to try to use it.
I have created several projects, testing projects such as ticket monster and no problem, but for these last two days, suddenly I cannot create any project in both program.

JBoss tools (eclipse) giving me error:

Unable to create project from archetype
[org.jboss.spec.archetype:jboss-javaee6-webapp-archetype:7.1.2.CR1 -> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/releases]
Root cause: The desired archetype does not exist
(org.jboss.spec.archetype:jboss-javaee6-webapp-archetype:7.1.2.CR1)

JBoss Dev Studio error:

Failed to create project.
Root cause: For artifact {null:null:null:pom}: The groupId cannot be empty.

What is wrong with it? Is there something I can do to correct this? I already try to uninstall both program and install again, but the problem persist.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]