[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Correct workflow for creating bpmn2 processes

Gareth Edwards do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Dec 28 13:39:38 EST 2012

Gareth Edwards [https://community.jboss.org/people/garethed] created the discussion

"Correct workflow for creating bpmn2 processes"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/785260#785260

Hi,

What is the recommended workflow for creating bpmn2 diagrams.
I find that I can start a diagram with the eclipse plugin (either one) and check it in to the guvnor. I can edit it with the drools-guvnor web app.
After a while, I think after using the latest bpmn2 plugin, the web editor start complaining about ...Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: The feature 'processAnalysisData's type 'ProcessAnalysisDataType' does not permit a value of type 'AnyType'
and the diagram will not display using drools-guvnor.

They seem inconsistent with each other.  Some process editors are better for adding variables etc.
Some nice how-to guides would be nice.

Somebody must have had success.  I'm not doing anything complicated yet.

Maybe I should ditch the latest eclipse plugin.

Gareth.