[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Help using persistence with JBPM 5.4

doboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 31 15:06:58 EST 2012

doboss [https://community.jboss.org/people/doboss] created the discussion

"Help using persistence with JBPM 5.4"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/786893#786893

Can someone give me some concrete steps on how to implmenet database persistence of the workflow state in JBPM 5.4?

My end goal is to be able to have save points in my process so I can come back to it and restart it where it left off.  I have managed to create a very simple web app which can pull a JBPM process from Guvnor and run it. But every time I try to add persistence stuff, the app stops deploying and complains about missing datasources and/or persistence units.

My setup is JBPM 5.4, with the Guvnor and JBPM Console all running on the same JBoss 7.1.1 instance.  I have my jdbc drivers properly deployed in JBoss as a module as well.

Attached is my simple web app. If somone could tell me what the next parts to add are to make persistence happen, that would be great.

The path I was going down was with the JBPMHelper...

Thanks!