[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to create a simple waiting workflow

Jan Uhlir do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 3 09:34:03 EST 2012

Jan Uhlir [https://community.jboss.org/people/espinosa_cz] created the discussion

"How to create a simple waiting workflow"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/714313#714313

How to create a simple testing workflow in jBPM5/BPMN with a simple wait state, waiting for my explicit signal to continue.
The simplest solution possible.
Reason: I am learning jBPM5 and I want to play with things like ksession.getProcessInstances() etc. but so far all my workflows run through before I can do any run time inspection on them.
What is the closest to jPDL State node?
I have something like this workflow in my mind:

 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-714313-17914/Ecllipse+bpmn2+designer+screenshot+wait+state.png  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-714313-17914/450-278/Ecllipse+bpmn2+designer+screenshot+wait+state.png

I tryed "Wait State" from my jBPM plugin palette, as is on my screenshot above, but there is no documentation to it. By probing workflow source code I found it maps to BPMN intermediateCatchEvent and it expect some Drools (?) condition. Angain, there is only a little documentation to it.

Any help welcome!
Espinosa