[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM Users and Roles using JEE security

John Bize do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 14 11:21:22 EST 2012

John Bize [https://community.jboss.org/people/jbize] created the discussion

"jBPM Users and Roles using JEE security"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/716571#716571

Hello,

My last request for help received no replies, so I hope this product isn't dead.  Is it dead or dying?  Is it being replaced by Activiti?

I am still trying to use jBPM 5.2 in an existing application with a variety of technologies including Spring 3.1 and JEE realm security.

The users are authenticated and authorized via the realm.  The users are not pre-provisioned or managed within the application (database).  I want to equate the users roles (as in web.xml security-role) to swimlanes.  (I presume that is the correct association.)  Can that be done?  If so, how?

When a user in a particular role (as in .isUserInRole()) opens a particular page, he will see the "inbox" for all users in that role.  After he completes the activity, the process will move on to the next user Task and will show up in any inboxes for it's role.  Does this make sense?

Thanks,
John