[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM Users and Roles using JEE security

John Bize do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 14 12:57:29 EST 2012

John Bize [https://community.jboss.org/people/jbize] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM Users and Roles using JEE security"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/716602#716602

Thanks Mauricio,

I believe you're saying I have to impliment the UserGroupCallback interface and register that class with the UserGroupCallbackManager singleton.  Is that correct?  Is that only for the MinaTaskServer?

The JEE security occurrs in the context of a user session, so in that context, I can't obtain the user and group information for a different user, only the authenticated user.

(If there's no other way, my authentication provider does have an available RESTful API that I can use if necessary.  I would prefer not to if I don't have to.)

But let me backup.  We have a single application on a single application server.  It would be preferable to not have to use an external (Mina) task server.  Is there a way to do this entirely within the session context?  If not, is there a way to do this entirely within the one application (WAR) without exposing an external Mina Server?

Thanks,
John