[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM Users and Roles using JEE security

John Bize do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 14 14:25:24 EST 2012

John Bize [https://community.jboss.org/people/jbize] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM Users and Roles using JEE security"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/716623#716623

Thanks again Mauricio,

Unfortunately, my work environment is not on the Internet.  My internet access is via an email/browser station with very limited functionality.  Just importing files from the Internet is a tedious, administrative, and time consuming process.  Exporting to the Internet is nearly impossible; I'm afraid I can't provide any code. I am using jBPM version 5.2.0.Final.

I appreciate being able to expose the task server bean as a JNDI resource, but for now, our plan is to have our one app be the one-stop-shop.

I see the LocalTaskService and LocalHumanTaskService classes in the org.jbpm.task.service.local package.  Are these the classes I need to start a local task server inside my application?  If so, I'll try to Google for examples.  Are they independant, or do I need both?  Will I still interact via a TaskClient?

Can I do this and still use the custom UserGroupCallback?

I'm sorry I was confusing about the user session info.  The JEE realm will not provide me any information beyond HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser(), and HttpServletRequest.isUserInRole("role_name").  The application/database doesn't know about provisioned users, it only knows the identity string of the current user within the context of a user's session.  (It does know about roles/groups, as membership requirements are all over the application, granting access to pages, data, resources, etc.)  So, in a session scoped bean, I could implement the UserGroupCallback as long as the only user was the current user.  I suspect that won't be possible however, and I'll have to go outside the realm and use the external RESTful interface.  I hope that's more understandable.