[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Internal invocation of EJB3 bean methods

Paul Robinson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 15 12:23:14 EST 2012

Paul Robinson [https://community.jboss.org/people/paul.robinson] created the discussion

"Internal invocation of EJB3 bean methods"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/716885#716885

Hello,

I have a scenario where I am using CDI to add an interceptor to an EJB method. The interceptor is as follows:

@ServiceRequest
@Interceptor
public class ServiceRequestInterceptor
{
    @AroundInvoke
    public Object intercept(InvocationContext ic) throws Throwable
    {
        Method serviceMethod = ic.getMethod();
        Object serviceImpl = ic.getTarget();

        ProtocolHandler protocolHandler = HandlerFactory.createInstance(serviceImpl, serviceMethod);

        return protocolHandler.proceed(ic);
    }

}

This registers the EJB implementation class and the intercepted method with my middleware. My middleware will then invoke methods on the EJB at various times. The problem I am having is that the EJB implementing instance is invoked directly, by my middleware, due to the way I am obtaining the reference. This doesn't seem like the right approach to me as it is bypassing the EJB3 interceptors. Also, the EJB may be re-allocated, pasivated, etc, which is going to result in odd behavior, I expect.

Should I somehow look up the local stub to the EJB, based on what information I can gather from the implementation class; or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Paul.

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]