[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How to validate process definitions , before creating the Knowledge base object

Arun V G do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 21 04:32:22 EST 2012

Arun V G [https://community.jboss.org/people/arunvg] created the discussion

"Re: How to validate process definitions , before creating the Knowledge base object"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/718210#718210

In the latest source available in github the KnowledgeBuilder interface have a method undo

{ https://github.com/droolsjbpm/droolsjbpm-knowledge/blob/master/knowledge-api/src/main/java/org/drools/builder/KnowledgeBuilder.java https://github.com/droolsjbpm/droolsjbpm-knowledge/blob/master/knowledge-api/src/main/java/org/drools/builder/KnowledgeBuilder.java}

So that it looks like  I can implement my use case as below

kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newByteArrayResource(processFile), ResourceType.BPMN2);
            if(kbuilder.hasErrors()){
                /**

* Remove the last added Resource.

* Can be useful in case this last addition generated some compilation problem.

* If multiple Resources have been added in batch using a CompositeKnowledgeBuilder,

* it removes all of them.
                */
                kbuilder.undo();
            }

But unfortunately I think the  version  included with JBPM5.2  doesn't have this method (  knowledge-api-5.3.1.Final.jar )  .

In my work environment I am not allowed to work with an unreleased (latest) version  :((  .Does anyone know a workaround.

Cheers  :)