[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Re: Remote Client.addCallbackListener hang

david malechek do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 22 10:13:09 EST 2012

david malechek [https://community.jboss.org/people/dmalechek] created the discussion

"Re: Remote Client.addCallbackListener hang"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/718756#718756

Matthias,
Sorry but we haven't made any progress on my scenario, we're still using a patch that I created for Remoting 2.2.3SP3 that applies a timeout on the callback connection.  A couple times a day all the message activity comes to a halt and then it recovers after the timeout is reached.  Back then when I tried to upgrade to 2.2.4 we got a different issue and we didn't pursue it farther because we we're comfortable experimenting with new JBoss or JBM releases.

Your getMessageCount block seems a little different from what I was seeing.  I wouldn't think that is related to the callback handlers.  I wasn't using XAConnectionFactory in my clients because we have ways to resend the messages if we had to.  I assume the XA adds complexity and opportunities for blocking.
Thanks,
Dave

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]