[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: ClassNotFoundException org.jboss.ws.api.tools.WSContractConsumer when using maven-jaxws-tools-plugin

nicolas duminil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 22 11:10:14 EST 2012

nicolas duminil [https://community.jboss.org/people/simplex-software] created the discussion

"Re: ClassNotFoundException org.jboss.ws.api.tools.WSContractConsumer when using maven-jaxws-tools-plugin"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/718796#718796

I've read again your previous message and noticed that you're warning me that my dependency was on 3.3.1 while SOA-P 5.2 includes 3.1.2. So I modified the pom such to rely on the good release and now every thing works fine, sorry for the complaint. But more generally, how is one supposed to know i) what version of JBossWS contains SOA-P 5.2, ii)what release of the plugin has to be used for a given version of JBossWS, etc ? All that becomes damed complicated. After all, the SOA-P should be a toaster: no need to know what version of JBossWS release it contains. One even doesn't have to know that there is such a thing like JBossWS. It should be just an SOA platform containing every thing which is required.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]