[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Accessing a deployed EJB from a war in the same AS 7 instance

Lucas Holmquist do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 22 11:11:24 EST 2012

Lucas Holmquist [https://community.jboss.org/people/lholmquist] created the discussion

"Accessing a deployed EJB from a war in the same AS 7 instance"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/718798#718798

I'm sort of new to the whole EJB model.  I'm using as7.1.0.FINAL as my app server

I have a web app where i am using some @Stateless EJB's that are deployed in the war with the rest of my app and i'm using @Inject to access them.
this works fine and i'm comfortable with this.

There is some functionality that i have that i would like other apps that are running on the same instance of AS 7 to access.

I've created a simple EJB(hello world) and deployed it.

code:

public interface IHelloWorld {

    String sayHi(String value);

}

@Stateless
public class HelloWorld implements IHelloWorld
{
    @Override
    public String sayHi(String value) {
        return value;
    }
}

console:
11:01:53,172 INFO  [org.jboss.as.ejb3.deployment.processors.EjbJndiBindingsDeploymentUnitProcessor] (MSC service thread 1-1) JNDI bindings for session bean named HelloWorld in deployment unit deployment "WebLogger.jar" are as follows:

          java:global/WebLogger/HelloWorld!mlmic.IHelloWorld
          java:app/WebLogger/HelloWorld!mlmic.IHelloWorld
          java:module/HelloWorld!mlmic.IHelloWorld
          java:global/WebLogger/HelloWorld
          java:app/WebLogger/HelloWorld
          java:module/HelloWorld

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]