[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: How do I change the log file output location??

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 28 13:30:32 EST 2012

Peter Johnson [https://community.jboss.org/people/peterj] created the discussion

"Re: How do I change the log file output location??"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/720310#720310

You do not need to change the jboss-log4j.xml file, instead simply set the jboss.server.log.dir property to the location you want. For example, start the app server like this:

run -Djboss.server.log.dir=d:/jbosslogs

Then the server.log files will go into the d:/jbosslogs directory.

Of course, you can change the jboss-log4j.xml file if you want, using: *<param name="File" value="d:/jbosslogs/server.log"/>*

If you change the jboss-log4j.xml file, the change should be automatically picked up, but I can't recall the time delay on that, I think it is an hour.*
*

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]