[jboss-user] [EJB3] - EJB3 Timer Service vs. Quartz Framework Service for Scheduling

Hushen Savani do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 3 03:19:23 EST 2012

Hushen Savani [http://community.jboss.org/people/hushen.savani] created the discussion

"EJB3 Timer Service vs. Quartz Framework Service for Scheduling"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/644260#644260

Hi,

    I am using *EJB3* for my enterprise application. The application is deployed on *JBossAS-5.1.0* App Server. I have a requirement of invoking a Session Bean on a given schedule. And the schedule parameters are dynamic (i.e. Schedule Date & Time, and some other app. specific parameters to invoke a bean method). I have two options at the moment. EJB Timer Service and Quartz Framework. I have gone through some articles and wikis to decide for which service to go for. But, no enough information is found. Can anyone from the EJB3 team please suggest that which service is best suitable for my application. +EJB Timer Service or Quartz Framework Service?+ Can Jaikiran suggest some pointers on the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Hushen Savani

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]