[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Fail to start JBOSS AS 7 on win 7 with eclipse

Dudi Gil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 10 03:42:18 EST 2012

Dudi Gil [http://community.jboss.org/people/dudigl] created the discussion

"Re: Fail to start JBOSS AS 7 on win 7 with eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/645602#645602

In eclipse ->window->preferences->server->runtime environment
*  I added JBOSS 7.02 by selecting it
* then browsing the home folder
* then defining the JDK 1.7 JRE folder as the java runtime
* then selectingthe standalone.xml as configuration

In the server view ->new server
* I defined new server -> JBOSS 7.0
* Server hostname -> localhost
* selecting the predefined 7.0 server runtime

After creating the server entry I tried to start it and received the above mesage.

My computer is running on win 7 64bit
I tried to extract the JBOSS folder both on the program file folder and the x86 folder.

I tried the same with JBOSS 6 and the result was the same.

If there is any piece of information I forgot please let me know

Thanks