[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Why JBoss enforces java:/ java:boss/ naming and how to override it in the jboss-ejb3.xml?

Fri Jan 13 09:15:24 EST 2012

"Why JBoss enforces java:/ java:boss/ naming and how to override it in the jboss-ejb3.xml?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/646699#646699

Good Day,

I am busy writing an application that uses JPA and JMS and noticed during the setup process of JBoss 7.1 CR1b (but it possibly relates to JBoss 7.x) that JBoss enforces the java:/ and java:jboss/ names for resources. I updated the application references and it worked but the problem is that I would like the application to be deployable to Glassfish, JBoss and Weblogic.

 Can someone point me to an example or the jboss-ejb3.xml schema so that I can use it override the annotations on the class files. And just maybe as an additional note, does JBoss support a deployment.xml file similar to Weblogic that provides the deployment specific overrides?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mark P Ashworth
 http://mpashworth.wordpress.com http://mpashworth.wordpress.com

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]