[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: ClassNotFoundException using EJB in RESTfull Application

No Name do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 17 07:45:31 EST 2012

No Name [https://community.jboss.org/people/ekric] created the discussion

"Re: ClassNotFoundException using EJB in RESTfull Application"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/647147#647147

I have the same problem. I'm moving a project which did run on JBoss 4.2.2 to JBoss 7.0.2. Web.

With JBoss 4 it was possible to reference an EJB-Class without packaging the EJB-JAR into the Web-App. With JBoss 7 this doesn't seam to work.

My solution is to add the exported EJB-JAR to the WEB-INF/lib folder. The EJB isn't deployed alone but with the WAR-File. Isn't it possible the deploy them seperately without running into the ClassNotFoundException?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]