[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Rule Task after Human Task

vchmakov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 20 08:48:26 EST 2012

vchmakov [https://community.jboss.org/people/vchmakov] created the discussion

"Re: Rule Task after Human Task"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/647840#647840

Hi Maciej,

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I can see that the rule node is invoked, i.e. process is entering the node, but does not execute the rule assigned to it. The code is rather basic. The rules are doing nothing, but just logging a debug info into the log file. The process is invoked from another rule which in its turn is invoked by fileAllRules() against the session from the MQ event handler. Nothing fancy.
I got up this morning and saw at least two posts after mine with similar problems. One of them is from Guo-Guang Chiou.
Now it is obvious to me (yes, just now as I’m a complete novice in Drools/JBPM area) that the rule is not triggered as there is nothing active in the working memory and that the fireAllRules() should somehow be called. I need to do something to make it working, e.g. use some event listeners as it has been suggested in another replies. My question is, why it is not done automatically when Human Task is completed? Is there an event something like afterTaskComplete() so that I could trap it and fire my rules from there?

Thanks!

Vlad