[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Mina Human Task Server and close connections - don't refresh the session

gardellajp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 23 10:22:07 EST 2012

gardellajp [https://community.jboss.org/people/gardellajp] created the discussion

"Mina Human Task Server and close connections - don't refresh the session"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648214#648214

Hi folks,

I have a problem and I don't found a good solution to this. The problem is that I complete a task and the session didn't refresh becouse the handler and the session is dispose. See the next code:

<< CODE>>>
TaskClient client = obtainATaskClient();
client.getTask(taskId,handler);

Task task = handler.getTask();

//obtain the session
int sessionId = task.getTaskData().getProcessSessionId();
StatefulKnowledgeSession session = JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession(sessionId,knowledgeBase, null, envoriment);
CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler handler = new CommandBasedWSHumanTaskHandler(session);
session.getWorkItemManager().registerWorkItemHandler("Human Task",handler);
handler.connect();

 //complete the task
client.complete(taskId, userId, outputData, responseHandler);

isDone = responseHandler.waitTillDone(time);

// -- Close resources --
handler.dispose();
session.dispose();

<<< END CODE >>>>

I can fix with if I put this line after the comment // -- Close resources --:

Thread.sleep(500);

When I put this, Mina server communicate with the handler and refresh the session. Is a very poor workaround.

I try cache the session and close after some time, but if I use this approach have problems that said WorkItemInfo doesn't exists, becouse the handler delete complete human task.

So my question is:

How can I close the session only after the handler refresh it?

Thanks,
Juan