[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jbpm console doesnt see process instance that was started by java

sebb do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 24 10:16:50 EST 2012

sebb [https://community.jboss.org/people/sebb] created the discussion

"jbpm console doesnt see process instance that was started by java"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648432#648432

So here is my setup:

- jbpm 5.2 installer
- executed ant install.demo
- executed ant start.demo
- executed evaluation sample process in eclipse
- opened jbpm console

Result: I cant see the evaluation process instance in the console.

I browsed the forum and found that you have to use the JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger. But when using the JPA logger I get a nullpointer:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.jbpm.process.audit.JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger.addVariableLog(JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger.java:124)
    at org.jbpm.process.audit.JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger.logEventCreated(JPAWorkingMemoryDbLogger.java:84)

So I guess something is still wrong. What do I have to configure after a plain install of the jbpm 5.2 installer in order to make the history log work? The documentation is unclear in chapter 7 since it just shows one file to modify and not the initial setup.

Any hints are appreciated, thanks =)