[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Local TaskServer Enlightenment?

Darin Wilcox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 24 11:34:47 EST 2012

Darin Wilcox [https://community.jboss.org/people/zoikks] created the discussion

"Local TaskServer Enlightenment?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648451#648451

Hello,

I have seen three implementations of a TaskServer to use in conjunction with the HumanTask:

- MinaTaskServer
- HornetQTaskServer
- JmsTaskServer

Based on previous posts

 https://community.jboss.org/message/647887#647887 https://community.jboss.org/message/647887
 https://community.jboss.org/message/582229#582229 https://community.jboss.org/message/582229#582229

I understand the benefits of using the HornetQTaskServer over the Mina implementation and why Mina was the original "reference implementation".

With the release of jBPM 5.2, there is now a local task server that can run in the same JVM that the process gets executed from (tight coupling of the process to the task server).  I have looked at the examples posted, but I can't put my finger on the benefits of completing tasks in this manner.  Can someone explain to me why we would want to start and complete human tasks in this manner?

Is the purpose of the local task server to provide the transaction management control or is it something else?

I have attached source code that provides an example I have been working with to see it run.

Can someone enlighten me about the intent of the local task server?

Thanks,

- Darin