[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Extending JBoss Server

Kamesh Sampath do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 25 05:08:01 EST 2012

Kamesh Sampath [https://community.jboss.org/people/kamesh_sampath] created the discussion

"Re: Extending JBoss Server"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/648625#648625

Hi Max,

Actually am writing an adapter for custom application deployed in JBoss AS7 and it has few addtional attibutres like classpath settings, ports etc.,  For most of the cases am resuing the JBossAS7 plugin classes, in some cases the class which i have extented form JBossAS7Server is not being recogonized as JBoss AS7 server and xpath's are not added to the custom server  :(  ,  when i debugged i see it goes checking where it is recogonizing only serverType with id declared in jboss.as.core plugin for AS7 serverTypes alone as AS7 server, since my plugin has a custom id it its not considering this as JBoss AS7 Server.

When i define the server and open the server configuration i see the Server "Ports" are empty as opposed to it getting picked from the xpath files for AS7  like how it does for tradtional AS7 server/runtimes,

Can you please let me know how to fix this ? My server is absolutely AS7 except for few customzations which i will allow the user to do via this adapter.

--Kamesh

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]