[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Download file from HTTP server (as stream) from EJB

Ilia Ternovykh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 29 01:36:54 EST 2012

Ilia Ternovykh [https://community.jboss.org/people/tillias] created the discussion

"Download file from HTTP server (as stream) from EJB"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/649288#649288

Hi.

I need to download some external file from http server periodically for further processing. I'm triggering the process using stateless session bean with @Schedule annotation on some method. Let's say method name is *+foo()+*

When TimerService invokes *+foo()+* I need to download file by URI from external http/ftp server, and pass it as stream into some long running processing logic. This is done once a day (maybe twice) and in automatical mode.

What is the best pattern or best practice to implement this using JBoss AS? Am I right with @Schedule annotation (or Quartz resource adapter)? What is the best practice of downloading file for further processing inside EJB?

Thanks!

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]