[jboss-user] [jBPM] - User Task Group Assignment

Charlie B do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 29 21:04:52 EST 2012

Charlie B [https://community.jboss.org/people/charliebarjel] created the discussion

"User Task Group Assignment"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/649337#649337

I have a set of Uer Tasks in my workflow.
Now with each task, only a specific GROUP of users should be able to execute and complete that task.
Before assigning a task to a user, I need to determine if they are part of the authorized group.

How can I achieve this in JBPM5?

How can I determine which Group(s) is authorised to claim and complete a User Task?

I am currently using the ActorId attribute to store the username of user who the task will be assigned to? Can I use this in conjuction with the GroupId attribute to specify that any user that this task is assigned to MUST be part of this Group? Is that how that attribute is used?

Also, is there a way to retrieve the GroupId through API to dynamically render user lists when a task needs to be assigned to a user from the authorised group?

Charlie B