[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: java.io.EOFException while upgrading to jBPM 5.2

Melih Cetin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 31 08:51:09 EST 2012

Melih Cetin [https://community.jboss.org/people/mscetin] created the discussion

"Re: java.io.EOFException while upgrading to jBPM 5.2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/649661#649661

I have solved this problem by writing a small application and I will briefly explain it in case other people find it useful. As I am not 100% sure about the completeness of my workaround (it worked for me but every Business Process has its own peculiarities), I am not posting the code as a generic solution.

In my workaround I modified few jBPM and Drools sources to upgrade my existing SessionInfo and ProcessInstanceInfo records. In this small application, I read the existing session and process instances using jBPM 5.1 code and forced writing them using jBPM 5.2 code. The list of modified sources are:

* org.drools.marshalling.impl.InputMarshaller
* org.drools.marshalling.impl.MarshallerReaderContext
* org.drools.marshalling.impl.MarshallerWriteContext
* org.drools.reteoo.BetaMemory
* org.jbpm.marshalling.impl.ProcessMarshallerImpl
* org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.JPAProcessInstanceManager

Additionally, I populated two new columns (processSessionId and processId) added to Task table with jBPM version 5.2.