[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Cannot retrieve a result from human task in jBPM 5.3

Jiri Svitak do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 9 10:19:01 EDT 2012

Jiri Svitak [https://community.jboss.org/people/jsvitak] created the discussion

"Re: Cannot retrieve a result from human task in jBPM 5.3"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/746960#746960

Thanks, I have changed form builder .failed file to .skipdeploy and now it works - drools-guvnor and jbpm-console.

However the old problem remains - I am still unable to retrieve a value from my human task. Instead of a String value it returns null and throws an exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at org.jbpm.marshalling.impl.ProtobufProcessMarshaller.unmarshallVariableValue(ProtobufProcessMarshaller.java:270)
     at org.jbpm.task.utils.ContentMarshallerHelper.unmarshall(ContentMarshallerHelper.java:112)
     at org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.GenericHTWorkItemHandler$TaskCompletedHandler.handleCompletedTask(GenericHTWorkItemHandler.java:230)
     at org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.GenericHTWorkItemHandler$TaskCompletedHandler$1.run(GenericHTWorkItemHandler.java:209)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

So instead of receiving a String value filled in the human task form, I get a null value. At least something has improved - business process does not hang, but it finishes correctly.