[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: Nexus access to http://jesperpedersen.github.com/fungal/maven2

Murray Todd Williams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 10:25:12 EDT 2012

Murray Todd Williams [https://community.jboss.org/people/willimur] created the discussion

"Re: Nexus access to http://jesperpedersen.github.com/fungal/maven2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/747233#747233

I'm sure we all experience the "dilema of choice" from all these tools and standards like Maven, Ivy, Eclipse, etc. It took me a couple years of constant pressure to finally bite the bullet and start using Maven. (And their documentation really does suck!)

But, like so many JBoss initiatives, IronJacamar is a really wonderful contributiont to the Java EE space—hell, are there any more difficult and opaque technologies than JCA out there!!?! As I said before, your code generation template and your embeddable testing platform are like manna from heaven for the poor engineer wandering into this space!

I just don't want these Maven issues to be blockers that ward-away an engineer from IronJacamar during the initial discovery/evaluation phase. I'm pretty underwater at the moment, but if I can put a few hours into this (sometime over the next 2-3 weeks), maybe there are a couple simple tweaks we can figure out that smooth these things out.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]