[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - JAX-WS @SchemaValidation not being performed on Tomcat 7.0.23 (while on Glassfish it is)

Erik Pelgrim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 10 10:59:54 EDT 2012

Erik Pelgrim [https://community.jboss.org/people/pelgrim] created the discussion

"JAX-WS @SchemaValidation not being performed on Tomcat 7.0.23 (while on Glassfish it is)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/747248#747248

Hello,

I created a webservice on which I want Schema Validation to be performed.

I added @Schemavalidation above the class declaration of the webservice.
Deployment on both Glassfish and Tomcat works (same war-file).
Sending correct request messages gives appropriate response on Glassfish and Tomcat, so the webservices works fine.
But when I send:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv=" http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/ http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:nl:edsn:service:removemeterrequest:env:1" xmlns:urn1="urn:nl:edsn:abies:2" xmlns:urn2="urn:nl:edsn:service:c-ar:docs:1">
   <soapenv:Header/>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <urn:RemoveMeter>
 <!-- NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EMPTY -->
      </urn:RemoveMeter>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

 Glassfish gives me the correct response:

<S:Envelope xmlns:S=" http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/ http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <S:Body>
      <S:Fault xmlns:ns4=" http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
         <faultcode>S:Client</faultcode>
         <faultstring>cvc-complex-type.2.4.b: The content of element 'urn:RemoveMeter' is not complete. One of '{"urn:nl:edsn:service:removemeterrequest:env:1":EDSNBusinessDocumentHeader}' is expected.</faultstring>
      </S:Fault>
   </S:Body>
</S:Envelope>

While Tomcat gives me a Java stacktrace because it can't handle the request.

Does anyone know how this can be or how to solve it?
Or maybe someone has just an idea about in which direction I should look?

This is the same webservice I posted about 2 weeks ago.
Discussion: Deployment error with @SchemaValidation.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Erik Pelgrim