[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Re: Jboss 7.x - HA Web Sessions via Database Persistence with Oracle

Ben Schofield do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 16 08:20:33 EDT 2012

Ben Schofield [https://community.jboss.org/people/dbschofield] created the discussion

"Re: Jboss 7.x - HA Web Sessions via Database Persistence with Oracle"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/748231#748231

Manish - Not sure if it is useful for you or not but I have successfully been able to use a remote store connecting to an infinispan cache in place of a database following Paul's invalidation cache strategy.  JBoss AS stored the session in the remote infinispan cache using the hotrod connector and simple failover testing with mod_cluster sticky sessions is working.  Only oddity so far is if the infinispan cache is down JBoss AS goes into a loop trying to reconnect and socket errors fill the logs. Of course you would have to configure the infinispan cache if you want disk persistence.  Just thought I would throw this out there since it should be swappable with the database alternative you are trying to achieve.    And may be a viable solution for you until the cache naming for http sessions gets worked out and is compatible with SQL table names.

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]