[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Human Task Module Refactoring

Mauricio Salatino do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 04:02:02 EDT 2012

Mauricio Salatino [https://community.jboss.org/people/salaboy21] created the document:

"Human Task Module Refactoring"

To view the document, visit: https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-18789

This document aims to explain how the human task module should look after applying some refactorings which were the results of several experiments.
You can more about this experiments here:  https://github.com/Salaboy/human-task-poc-proposal https://github.com/Salaboy/human-task-poc-proposal

The following sections describe how the module will look like after the refactorings

h1. APIs

h1. Services Working Together
The following image shows how the interactions with the human task module will happen. The diagram shows the interfaces and implementations required to interact with a TaskInstance
 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/102-18789-1-19050/TaskInstanceServiceSimplified.png  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/102-18789-1-19050/450-252/TaskInstanceServiceSimplified.png
The previous figure shows all the components interacting when we want to interact with a task instance that was already created.
So let's say for example that we want to start a task. From the client perspective he/she can use the TaskServiceEntryPoint to
start the task. This TaskServiceEntryPoint will delegate the calls to the different service implementations. In this case if we are
starting a task the TaskInstanceService implementation will delegate the action to the LifeCycleManager. As you can see
the LifeCycleManager, no matter the implementation is being decorated by an UserGroupDecorator which in charge of handling the
resolution of the identities associated with the operation. The LifeCycleManager is also an Event Producer, which means that is in charge
of generating events to communicate to the external world the LifeCycle changes of each task. We can then attach external listeners to
Observer these events

h1. Integration with the Outside World

Comment by going to Community
[https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-18789]

Create a new document in jBPM at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=102&containerType=14&container=2034]