[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM Change/Update Variable Value

Can Isal do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 20 10:48:06 EDT 2012

Can Isal [https://community.jboss.org/people/candisappear] created the discussion

"JBPM Change/Update Variable Value"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/749308#749308

Hello,

I have built an Inventory Tracking Process Project using JBPM Eclipse and in jbpm-console all the nodes in the process seem to be running ok. However, in the start process called "Prepare Order", I have many variables one is called "customerName". When I give a value for this variable and click "Save and Close" it works fine and saves the value for "customerName". After Start Process, I have a Task Node called "Approve Order" and to approve the
order the actor should see "customerName" variable's value. All is working fine until this point and in "Approve Order" node, actor can see the "customerName" variable value. However, when I try to change the value of "customerName" from something like "Chris" to "Christina" and click "Save and Close". The value never updates and keeps the value in the Start Process as "Chris". Is it possible to change/update value of a variable?

Please help me with this, it should be easy but I can't find any solution.

Thanks