[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - java_opts use of ")"

Ian Haigh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 03:10:35 EDT 2012

Ian Haigh [https://community.jboss.org/people/ian_h] created the discussion

"java_opts use of ")""

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/749481#749481

Hopefully very simple question I am trying to set my java_opts with a string which contains spaces and brackes, I have replaced the spaces with "+", but a closing bracket ")" is causing me a problem, and no end of searching is turning up an answer.  I have tried using ^, \, and / before the bracket without success.  This is a setting in my run.bat.

eg. say I am trying to add

     set java_opts=%java_opts% -Dblah.blah.blah=this+is+a+sting(just+one+value)+to+be+added

     in such a case the ")" after the 'value' would cause a string/command break in JBoss, giving me an error something like "+to+be+added was unexpected at this time"

Can anyone help me work out how to do this, I'm running Jboss 5.1.0 on windows 2008.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]