[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jbpm 5.3 - kSession.dispose() - Error: Session was previously disposed

Brian Wallis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 23 20:09:12 EDT 2012

Brian Wallis [https://community.jboss.org/people/bwallis42] created the discussion

"Re: jbpm 5.3 - kSession.dispose() - Error: Session was previously disposed"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/749736#749736

In our case the session is loaded inside the onMessage() method of a JEE Message Driven Bean. The JEE SessionSynchronization interface or the @AfterCompletion annotations are not available on MDBs. I'm not using spring.

It seems that there isn't a JEE6 way to run something after the transaction is committed for a MDB.

I think the only option with the MDB is to configure the bean for transactions NOT_SUPPORTED, start and commit my own transaction around the interaction with the workflow session and client mode message acknowledgement post the commit. I will also have to deal with the small chance of duplicate message delivery.

Somewhat more complex than I'd hoped for. Quite a major change required for an update from jbpm 5.1 to 5.3!