[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM5 Process Variables

Mylos Kathos do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 25 06:37:40 EDT 2012

Mylos Kathos [https://community.jboss.org/people/mylos78] created the discussion

"jBPM5 Process Variables"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/750129#750129

Hi all,
I'm trying to migrate a process which was build on jBPM3 with the new jBPM5.
I have an old decision node which I have turned into a Gateway, adding into it (using Eclipse jBPM plugin) the constraint:

*return workorder > 100;*

Now I'm trying to start the process using

*Map<String, Object> inputParams = new HashMap<String, Object>();*
*inputParams.put("workorder", new Long(1500));*
* *
*// start a new process instance*
*ksession.startProcess("com.graph.process1",inputParams);*

However at runtime I get the following error

Could not find variable 'workorder' for action 'return workorder <= 100;' :  mailto:org.drools.lang.descr.ProcessDescr at 36527f org.drools.lang.descr.ProcessDescr at 36527f

How can I reference a startup process variable in the Gateway constraint ?
Thanks
Mylos