[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Creating EntityManagers dynamically (e.g. through a config file or database)

jaabax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 3 14:58:29 EDT 2012

jaabax [https://community.jboss.org/people/jaabax] created the discussion

"Creating EntityManagers dynamically (e.g. through a config file or database)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/739548#739548

Hi folks.
Like I asked in the title, how do I create EntityManagers dynamically?
A example is: I have 4 clients using my application (CompanyA, CompanyB, CompanyC, CompanyD). I do not want to create a @PersistenceContext for each one because tomorrow I can add the 5th one and this will require a new deploy and server restart (I want to store clients information on the database).
I've read on Java EE 6 tutorial that I can use @PersistenceUnit to create an EntityManagerFactory and use createEntityManager() afterwards to create the EntityManager (and store the entity managers instances in a map for example).
This is the right way to do it? I'm concerned about concurrency, best practices and etc.
I am using JBoss AS 7 as my application server.
Thanks in advance.

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]