[jboss-user] [jBPM] - My issue with Task Service

Bhaskaran Venkataraman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 6 03:34:59 EDT 2012

Bhaskaran Venkataraman [https://community.jboss.org/people/bhaskarven] created the discussion

"My issue with Task Service"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/740082#740082

I have a simple workflow having a script task, 2 human tasks in succession and then finally another script task.
Each of the human tasks have a form to be displayed and an approve button. I initially tried the basic process
without my own task client. It worked but when the actor for the second human task approved the form it came up
with the following error message. The actor for the first human task is krisv and when he approved the form it went OK.
But when the actor of the second human task which is john tried to approve his form it gave this exception about krisv
which did not make any sense he is not at all involved with the second human task.

org.jboss.resteasy.spi.UnhandledException: org.jbpm.task.service.PermissionDeniedException: Server-side Exception: User '[User:'krisv']' does not have permissions to execution operation 'Start' on task id 5

|    | <potentialOwner> |
|      | <resourceAssignmentExpression> |
|        | <formalExpression>krisv</formalExpression> |
|      | </resourceAssignmentExpression> |
|    | </potentialOwner> |

|    | <potentialOwner> |
|      | <resourceAssignmentExpression> |
|        | <formalExpression>john</formalExpression> |
|      | </resourceAssignmentExpression> |
|    | </potentialOwner> |

Then I tried creating a Mina task client and processing the task in code. I can get the task, claim, start and complete it.
But then how do I view the forms and approve it. I have to go back to the JBPM console. Even the human task panel
in eclipse only allows to start and complete the task. It does not allow to view the forms.

Then I thought let me get the task and claim it in code and do the rest in the JBPM console. I thought the Blocking calls
will help me do this. But this did not work either. Since the code was consecutive it successively claimed the respective
tasks for krisv and john. The blocking call did not wait for me complete the operation for krisv through the JBPM console.

I am using JBPM5.2. Eclipse Helios SR2, JBoss App Server 7 and I am using the Mina Task Server created by the ant script.
I have my main process when loads the knowledge base, creates the session, registers the human task handler and starts
the process. I have my mina client process which creates the Mina task client and does the processing of the tasks.

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.