[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Is JBPM 5.3 backwards compatible

Bira Neto do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 12 10:56:22 EDT 2012

Bira Neto [https://community.jboss.org/people/biraneto] created the discussion

"Re: Is JBPM 5.3 backwards compatible"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/741258#741258

I had a lot of trouble changing from 5.2 to 5.3. First of all my old data didn't load anymore. I had to delete my old ksession (since I'm on a development environment I didn't need to care about it) so the new version would start. I also had a lot of problems fixing my initialization process since the same initialization that was working on 5.2 didn't work on 5.3 (my ksession was getting corrupted a lot). There was also some changes needed due to name changes on classes or interfaces on drools 5.4 but that was easy and quick to fix. My advice is to take care when upgrading and obviously not doing it on a production environment.