[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Link the business object to the process instance

Pedro Gonçalves do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 18 11:45:34 EDT 2012

Pedro Gonçalves [https://community.jboss.org/people/pgoncalves] created the discussion

"Link the business object to the process instance"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/742437#742437

I want to link my business objects to the process instances in jbpm5.3. What is the best way to do it? Using variables?

I will need to have it linked in a way that I can easily query and get the history of some business object.

In jbpm4 and in activiti there where some pretty easy way to do it, with a so called Business Key. I've played with it a bit, and find very easy to create a history of ongoing and completed workflows, but I'm struggling to find what is the best way to do it with jbpm5.

Thanks in advance.