[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - [m2e] [maven-bundle-plugin] Adding OSGI bundle resource to a server

Eric Belanger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 20 14:16:49 EDT 2012

Eric Belanger [https://community.jboss.org/people/ebelanger070] created the discussion

"[m2e] [maven-bundle-plugin] Adding OSGI bundle resource to a server"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/743172#743172

Greetings,

I'm using JBoss Tools 3.3.0 (Latest version on the Eclipse Marketplace), Eclipse 3.7, Maven 2 Eclipse (M2E) and JBoss AS 7.1.1.

I'm having a problem with the 'Servers' view not discovering my maven project as an OSGI resource when selecting the 'Add and Remove...' context menu option.  A normal project that was created as a Plugin Project with Eclipse will be discovered though.  So far, I know that the project nature 'org.eclipse.pde.PluginNature' is configured in the M2E generated .project file, so this doesn't seem to be the trigger for discovery.

Funny thing is that if I configure the maven project to not generate the PluginNature and then convert the maven project to a Plugin Project, JBoss Tools will now discover this project.  The only problem is that this operation needs to be done each time a maven project is imported into the workspace.

I also looked into adding the project to the eclipse target platform, but that doesn't seem to be it either.

In brief, I am wondering what 'triggers' a workspace project to be discovered as an osgi resource for the JBoss Tools.

Thank you for your time.

Eric

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]