[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Scalability revisited

Richard Evans do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 21 03:55:13 EDT 2012

Richard Evans [https://community.jboss.org/people/r3vans] created the discussion

"Re: Scalability revisited"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/743282#743282

Execution is clearly serialised per session. I will give each thread  its own session and see how I get on. I wonder, now, why I'd want multiple timer threads per session as I guess their execution will be syncronised on any process activities. Am I right?

If I have a pool of threads, each with a session, I'm hoping throughput will be OK. However I may still want to make service tasks asynchonous in order to commit database activities *per task* because jbpm will only commit when it hits a wait. Am I correct in assuming that I'll have to use the same session in my asynch thread?

Thanks,
Richard