[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: <jaxws:client> configuration not picked up from jbossws-cxf.xml

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 21 11:40:59 EDT 2012

Alessio Soldano [https://community.jboss.org/people/asoldano] created the discussion

"Re: <jaxws:client> configuration not picked up from jbossws-cxf.xml"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/743439#743439

> Back to the annotations, in the above mentioned Use Case the annotation would absolutely be a viable option. However, if you want to load a JAR containing let's say a "payloadB" JAXB implementation at runtime because you might not have access to the actual endpoint implementation you can not relay on the annotation alone. So if you do introduce an annotation it would be great if this feature couldalso be used via external configuration file. I do understand your motivation for moving away from the Spring configuration file as you don't want to be depending on an additional framework just for reading your config but I believe in a "specialized" case like this you almost have no other choice unless you approach it via CDI.
As a general comment on this annotation topic, I think I see what you mean. Something I might also explore (but I really need to create a testcase first / see your test application) is extending jaxbintros and using it basically add @XmlSeeAlso annotation metadata for your not-xmlseealso-annotated classes. So you'd end up with configuring this in a descriptor. But this is still really just an idea I need to reason/work on.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]